Happy International Women’s day everyone, to celebrate it we are running a special quest!
To celebrate it we are running a quest with treats and prizes at the end! We are running this in collaboration with KMi and the Athena SWAN team.
We are a research lab composed by students, professionals, and academics who support and encourage diversity in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). We are passionate and enthusiastic about promoting
diversity inthe STEM disciplines and we are committed to equality and opportunity. As a result of our commitmentour lab obtained its Athena SWAN award at the beginning of 2017 and we are proud that are present, half of our PhD students are women, and our lab is represented by flags fromall over the world!
If you want to join us have a look at http://kmi.open.ac.uk/careers/
Here are all the questions written down!
- Amazing Grace… a bug you found
- The inverse document frequency is her original idea
- Spot a Katherine while watching “Hidden Figures”
- She recently won a Noble prize for lasers and she didn’t even have a wikipedia page until last year!
- There were 400, then 6, then only one jumped up on a rocket… and she was the first!
- In 1996 she got an award named after one of the previous answers.
Use the letters in the dot to form a word that is the password for this webpage: